Maybe this will help:
Where is "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool"?
All the instructions I receive tell me to go to the "Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool", but when I click on the link, all it does is take me to forums and lists. Is there actually a "tool" that exists on this site, and if so, why doesn't clicking on the hyperlink take me there. I'm trying to figure out why my Wireless USB Adapter will not connect.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-08-10T02:27:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-08-10T02:15:51+00:00 Not true. 32 bit drivers will sometimes work on 64 bit systems. 64 bit drivers usually will not work on 32 bit systems.
-
Anonymous
2014-08-10T02:14:54+00:00 Sorry, but the reports show that Windows 7 usage was unreliable. I didn't say you couldn't use it, but there have been many reports showing this. Use it enough....
I have used it many times, as in about 10 to 15 times a day when I was doing phone support for GFWL. It WAS unreliable. XP was the best.
-
Anonymous
2014-08-09T22:52:22+00:00 32 bit driver will not work on a 64 bit system will they? I was under the impression that I need 64 bit drivers for a 64 bit system
-
Anonymous
2014-08-04T16:46:34+00:00 Hi,
You can try installing the driver in compatibility mode with which it was working fine before.
Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows
Post us the results after you try the above steps.