Windows 7 build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine.

Anonymous
2012-11-27T02:34:43+00:00

Watermark on desktop: "Windows 7 build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine." I have had Windows 7 running for 15 mo.; bought from HP. It is genuine. Tried to activate and ran slui.exe - no success. Ran MGADIAG with results as follows:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):


Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0x8004FE21

Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc0000022

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-788W3-H689G-6P6GT

Windows Product Key Hash: yr8OHoeXhbT4dc6MxGYjdAStSPY=

Windows Product ID: 00371-OEM-8992671-00008

Windows Product ID Type: 2

Windows License Type: OEM SLP

Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048

ID: {998A7F9F-2A4B-44ED-BA11-EC66B03D29E2}(3)

Is Admin: Yes

TestCab: 0x0

LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Product Name: Windows 7 Professional

Architecture: 0x00000009

Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333

TTS Error:

Validation Diagnostic:

Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->

ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

File Exists: No

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 109 N/A

OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002

Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{998A7F9F-2A4B-44ED-BA11-EC66B03D29E2}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-6P6GT</PKey><PID>00371-OEM-8992671-00008</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2978311456-595975254-546380561</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>p7-1080t</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>AMI</Manufacturer><Version>7.13</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20110722000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>5D4A3607018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-CPC</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->

On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x80070426' to display the error text.

Error: 0x80070426

Windows Activation Technologies-->

HrOffline: 0x8004FE21

HrOnline: N/A

HealthStatus: 0x0001000000000000

Event Time Stamp: 11:24:2012 08:59

ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395

Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395

HealthStatus Bitmask Output:

Tampered Service: sppsvc

HWID Data-->

HWID Hash Current: LAAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAACAAAAAQABAAEAonagc8aHJOn6mtb2Yj1YpRQZLnM=

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->

N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->

BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes

Windows marker version: 0x20001

OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes

BIOS Information:

  ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value

  APIC            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  FACP            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  DBGP            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  HPET            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  MCFG            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  SSDT            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  SLIC            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

Any suggestions on above? Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-05T13:30:12+00:00

    Your errors normallyresult from a pretty well-defined problem with one service.

    That is not the case here, so we're trying to find out what the affected service is, and why - only then can we direct a fix to that area.

    Please download and save  the CheckSUR tool from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

    (you'll need to look in the details for Method 2)

    Run it - The tool can take anywhere from 5 mins to a couple of hours to run (or 'Install') depending on how much it has to do, and may exit silently - it may appear to freeze for most of that time, but be patient.

    The result is logged in the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log file 

    • and an archive …\checksur.persist.log file

    Then zip the CheckSUR.log and upload it to your public SkyDrive so I can take a look - post a link in your reply.

    The idea of uploading is that the files are then available to anyone who wishes to assist or learn (or check findings) - email prevents this peer-review, and potentially reduces your chances of a fix, and also increases the chances of 'fraudulent' activity by ether poster or responder.

    You can use any fileshare site you like but one advantage of the SkyDrive is that it is free, and advert-free - and it has an effective anti-virus scanner!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T12:20:10+00:00

    I ran the tool with the results below. The summary below  is what was shown at the bottom of the report. It did not solve the problem. I have the same symptoms (watermark & cannot do Windows Update – same error message).  I don’t mind sharing info to help others with this problem but don’t really like uploading info that might have personal information in the files. I guess I am doing that on this forum anyway. I will try to get a Skydrive account set up sometime today.

    CheckSUR Tool Results:

    Summary:

    Seconds executed: 482

     Found 3754 errors

    CSI Missing Deployment Key Total count: 484

    CBS Watchlist Package Missing Total count: 2297

    CBS Watchlist Component Missing Total count: 973

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T13:10:26+00:00

    OUCH!

    with that many problems, it's almost surprising your system is functioning at all.

    There's little I can do, in all likelihood, about that mass of problems, and a repair install is all that I can see as a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T13:27:17+00:00

    I don't  understand why I would have a lot of system problems. I run Norton 360 and other maintenance regularly. I have had computers for 25 years and done regular maintenance with no problems. I keep my computers running smoothly for years without any major problems.Why would I have such an insurmountable system problem all of a sudden? 

    I also made some changes recently when I mistakenly ran the Remiage software; Maybe that caused some problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T15:08:05+00:00

    Norton can cause a lot of problems - what other 'maintenance' products are you using? Registry CLeaners are often the source of problems, rather than the cure!

    Reimage doesn't make changes unless you pay for it, so far as I could see in my 10 minute test of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments