Windows 7 build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine.

Anonymous
2012-11-27T02:34:43+00:00

Watermark on desktop: "Windows 7 build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine." I have had Windows 7 running for 15 mo.; bought from HP. It is genuine. Tried to activate and ran slui.exe - no success. Ran MGADIAG with results as follows:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):


Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0x8004FE21

Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc0000022

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-788W3-H689G-6P6GT

Windows Product Key Hash: yr8OHoeXhbT4dc6MxGYjdAStSPY=

Windows Product ID: 00371-OEM-8992671-00008

Windows Product ID Type: 2

Windows License Type: OEM SLP

Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048

ID: {998A7F9F-2A4B-44ED-BA11-EC66B03D29E2}(3)

Is Admin: Yes

TestCab: 0x0

LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Product Name: Windows 7 Professional

Architecture: 0x00000009

Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333

TTS Error:

Validation Diagnostic:

Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->

ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

File Exists: No

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 109 N/A

OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002

Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{998A7F9F-2A4B-44ED-BA11-EC66B03D29E2}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-6P6GT</PKey><PID>00371-OEM-8992671-00008</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2978311456-595975254-546380561</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>p7-1080t</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>AMI</Manufacturer><Version>7.13</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20110722000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>5D4A3607018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-CPC</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->

On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x80070426' to display the error text.

Error: 0x80070426

Windows Activation Technologies-->

HrOffline: 0x8004FE21

HrOnline: N/A

HealthStatus: 0x0001000000000000

Event Time Stamp: 11:24:2012 08:59

ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395

Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395

HealthStatus Bitmask Output:

Tampered Service: sppsvc

HWID Data-->

HWID Hash Current: LAAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAACAAAAAQABAAEAonagc8aHJOn6mtb2Yj1YpRQZLnM=

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->

N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->

BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes

Windows marker version: 0x20001

OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes

BIOS Information:

  ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value

  APIC            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  FACP            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  DBGP            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  HPET            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  MCFG            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  SSDT            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  SLIC            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

Any suggestions on above? Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-01T23:43:42+00:00

    RemoveWAT.rar is definitely NOT 'acceptable' - it's a hack to circumvent activation and validation requirements. It should be deleted ASAP.

    Where did you get teh idea that running this tool was a good idea?

    I said to download the Farbar scanner - NOT anything else!

    Please run a new MGADiag report and post the results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-01T23:24:03+00:00

    OK I downloaded the Reimageplus scanner and ran it. After completion, I rebooted. Message stated: “installing windows updated”; “Repair Successfully completed.” I could not figure out how to copy the report; I could not highlight the text. There was no right click menu with options to copy. If you know how I can do this, let me know. I did print it and will summarize below:

    “fresh files installed; faulty files removed

    we discovered 1607 files that had to be replaced on your system

    5% files replaced

    2% files missing

    3% of files were damaged and/or incomplete

    8% Registry entries reset “

    Also, after Remageplus completed, Symantec 360 had a message: Risk in compressed file ”remove wat.rar” have been detected (the compressed file and all of its contents including infected files will be deleted”).  I did not click to remove it since I was afraid it might interfere with Reimageplus. This message re-appeared after reboot.  I did click to remove the file at that time.

    I did previously run a full Norton 360 scan since I had this problem but did not get this or any other message. I may have downloaded the remove.wat file when I was trying to fix this myself the last few weeks.

    The watermark “This copy of Windows is not genuine” has disappeared.  I also have some Windows updates available to install. Before it would not let me do any Windows updates due to the not genuine message. It looks like the problem is solved. Let’s wait a few days to verify. Thanks very much for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-01T13:49:46+00:00

    I'm obviously missing something!

    Please download the Farbar Service Scanner from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

    Run it, and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your reponse.

    (I only discovered this tool today - and this is already the third thread I'm having to use it in!)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-01T13:26:57+00:00

    RESULTS:

    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

    C:\Windows\system32>NET START NDISUIO

    The NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol service was started successfully.

    C:\Windows\system32>NET START EAPHOST

    The Extensible Authentication Protocol service is starting.

    The Extensible Authentication Protocol service was started successfully.

    C:\Windows\system32>NET START DOT3SVC

    The Wired AutoConfig service is starting.

    The Wired AutoConfig service was started successfully.

    C:\Windows\system32>NET START WLANSVC

    The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting.

    The WLAN AutoConfig service was started successfully.

    C:\Windows\system32>

    Yes, I have a wireless card and router. It is used by other users with laptop computers for internet access.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-01T10:52:13+00:00

    OK they seem normal enough

    please run the following commands and post the results...

    NET START NDISUIO

    NET START EAPHOST

    NET START DOT3SVC

    NET START WLANSVC

    (does you system actually have a Wireless network card?)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments