Windows 7 build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine.

Anonymous
2012-11-27T02:34:43+00:00

Watermark on desktop: "Windows 7 build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine." I have had Windows 7 running for 15 mo.; bought from HP. It is genuine. Tried to activate and ran slui.exe - no success. Ran MGADIAG with results as follows:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):


Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0x8004FE21

Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc0000022

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-788W3-H689G-6P6GT

Windows Product Key Hash: yr8OHoeXhbT4dc6MxGYjdAStSPY=

Windows Product ID: 00371-OEM-8992671-00008

Windows Product ID Type: 2

Windows License Type: OEM SLP

Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048

ID: {998A7F9F-2A4B-44ED-BA11-EC66B03D29E2}(3)

Is Admin: Yes

TestCab: 0x0

LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Product Name: Windows 7 Professional

Architecture: 0x00000009

Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333

TTS Error:

Validation Diagnostic:

Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->

ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

File Exists: No

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 109 N/A

OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002

Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{998A7F9F-2A4B-44ED-BA11-EC66B03D29E2}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-6P6GT</PKey><PID>00371-OEM-8992671-00008</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2978311456-595975254-546380561</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>p7-1080t</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>AMI</Manufacturer><Version>7.13</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20110722000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>5D4A3607018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>HPQOEM</OEMID><OEMTableID>SLIC-CPC</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->

On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x80070426' to display the error text.

Error: 0x80070426

Windows Activation Technologies-->

HrOffline: 0x8004FE21

HrOnline: N/A

HealthStatus: 0x0001000000000000

Event Time Stamp: 11:24:2012 08:59

ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395

Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395

HealthStatus Bitmask Output:

Tampered Service: sppsvc

HWID Data-->

HWID Hash Current: LAAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAACAAAAAQABAAEAonagc8aHJOn6mtb2Yj1YpRQZLnM=

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->

N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->

BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes

Windows marker version: 0x20001

OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes

BIOS Information:

  ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value

  APIC            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  FACP            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  DBGP            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  HPET            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  MCFG            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  SSDT            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

  SLIC            HPQOEM        SLIC-CPC

Any suggestions on above? Thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-10T01:50:36+00:00

    I tried to do a repair install of Windows today and was not successful. I downloaded from the link you gave me the Win 7 Prof 64 bit SP1 U (media refresh), [file X17-59186.iso] extracted the files to a folder on an external drive and also burned to a DVD. I tried using the DVD and external drive. I got through the first 4 steps (Copying.., Gathering files…, Expanding …, Installing features...)  I tried three times but failed on the last step “Transferring…” The message stated:

    “Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows restart and restart the installation.”

    I am getting real frustrated with this Windows problem; have never had such an intractable problem at home or work. . May just get an Apple like my kids have. I can check the other SevenForums on this if you want.

    I don’t see why I can’t just use remove.wat. I know it is used by persons who have illegal copies of Windows but I do not. I bought the computer and everything direct from HP. Remove.wat appears to work for others according to my google search results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-07T08:42:47+00:00

    Demand a refund from the vendor!

    Good luck with it - but a repair install should work....

    Download the SP1 Refresh for your language and edition from the links on these pages...

    Heidoc - Microsoft DR Download links

    The links are for downloads from the Digital River servers run for MS, so are about as safe as you can get :)

    Once you have it downloaded, you then need to burn the DVD from it - use either the Windows Disk Image Burner, or (better still) your favourite burning application at the slowest speed possible.

    Note that you do NOT 'drag and drop' the file to the disk, you must use the 'burn an image' option from your app - or you'll end up with a useless coaster :)

    Once you have the disk burnt, check that it boots the (or any other) system OK - but do NOT start the repair from there - you must start the repair from within a normal Windows boot.

    Follow the instructions in this tutorial - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

    • and they should help you get through it (it's not as difficult as it looks!)

    Always ask questions first if you're unsure - either here, or in sevenforums.

    Good luck with it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-07T01:50:06+00:00

    Norton is the only one I use. When I used Reimage, I did pay and it made changes.

    I guess I will either use one of my Backups to reinstall the System Image or Windows Folder; or reinstall Windows. I did not get Windows disks with my HP but think I am supposed to use the Recovery Drive D:/. This will be a huge job reinstalling all the programs and redoing my settings and customizations. Not what I wanted to do.

    Thanks for trying to help. This has been one of the most frustrating problems I have had in all my years with computers at home and work.  I appreciate your efforts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T15:08:05+00:00

    Norton can cause a lot of problems - what other 'maintenance' products are you using? Registry CLeaners are often the source of problems, rather than the cure!

    Reimage doesn't make changes unless you pay for it, so far as I could see in my 10 minute test of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T13:27:17+00:00

    I don't  understand why I would have a lot of system problems. I run Norton 360 and other maintenance regularly. I have had computers for 25 years and done regular maintenance with no problems. I keep my computers running smoothly for years without any major problems.Why would I have such an insurmountable system problem all of a sudden? 

    I also made some changes recently when I mistakenly ran the Remiage software; Maybe that caused some problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments