Windows 8 is different and I can get use to the differences, but I am very dis-satisfied with Windows 8 leaving out the old standard games. I am considering throwing away Windows 8 and going back to windows 7 and Office 2010 Office Outlook no long supports graphics of .gif files. This is no way pleasing, I spent a lot of money on the upgrades and I wish that I had stayed with the older versions.
Want to play chess titans on Windows 8.
Original Title:
chess titans
i want to play chess titans but have windows 8 can i do it?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2012-11-11T14:56:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2012-11-13T20:57:06+00:00 I believe Microsoft had a plan with Windows 8; it was a strategic effort to capitalize on "No-Cost" apps from developers, while pursuing the growing market in gaming and graphics. It was almost teasing us including all the extras that Windows7 offered then stripping it away in the efforts to save money and overcome competition. It poses the real question with most of the comments here. Will Microsoft's customer loyalty remain when there is another that's already taken the market share in graphics and games (Apple)?
-
Anonymous
2012-11-14T17:20:14+00:00 Microsoft will remove all handy / easy to use items, then in a couple of years, re-introduce them with a fanfare. I got rid of my windows phone when it wouldn't sync with Outlook. It wanted me to use their cloud - oooooh! Got an android Galaxy S3 LTE
- synced up straight away, no problem. However, I must be a nutter, I've just upgraded my Windows 7 to 8, DOH! My other machines will NOT be getting the same treatment. 8 changed my log on to ***@Hotmail,co.uk, so I couldn't log onto my network storage drive until I changed back to my usual name, that was once I discovered what the problem was. Same old Windows new release issues, but the next upgrade will solve all the problems. 98SE where are you now?
-
Anonymous
2013-01-09T04:22:21+00:00 If you take a look in the Windows Store app, there are several Chess games available there.
You can go to your Start screen by either clicking in the bottom left hand corner or pressing the Windows key, and then go to the Windows Store app.
Once in the Store, you can then search for apps by pressing Windows key + C and click Search in the Charms bar, and search for Chess games from there.
Please keep us posted if you face Windows issue in future. We would be happy to help!
The issue with browsing through the Windows Store app is that presently, the games for Chess are REALLY BAD. It shouldn't be THAT difficult to make Chess Titans for Windows 8. One would think that if Microsoft were to change things around and remove features like the game in question, they would replace it for a better game rather than the games that are available.
-
Anonymous
2013-02-01T16:16:37+00:00 There are no chess games in Windows 8 APPS