how to delete duplicate contacts in Windows live mail

Anonymous
2012-10-03T10:14:45+00:00

I have upgraded from Outlook express (in Win xp) to Windows live mail (in win 7 professional), while importing contact , i have done it 2 times, now i want to delete duplicate contacts in one shot. Not step by step , becoz i have 4000 contacts. I can eaisly do it by deleting all and then importing once again. but it has MSN contacts also, it says while deleting MSN contacts will delete. So I am worried, becoz first I need to take backup of MSN contacts. So I am looking for a simple process

Rajiv

(removed PII)

(removed PII)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-12T03:03:59+00:00

    Hello,

    You have reached the English language support of Microsoft Answers. You can change your preferred language in Microsoft Answers by clicking the English with a world icon on the lower left part of the page.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-11T19:05:22+00:00

    J'ai suivi votre correspondance depuis le début, car je suis moi même confronté à ce problème

    Les contacts de WLM apparaissent en double.

    Pour l'instant les solutions proposées, ne résolvent pas ce problème.

    Précision: Les contacts ne sont pas affichés de manière totalement similaire.

    Je joint 2 copies d'écran qui sont assez explicites, je crois.

    L'écran 2 n'est ni modifiable, ni EFFAÇABLE, et ça c'est gênant... 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-04T08:57:22+00:00

    Further to my 11 February 2014 content I subsequently discovered that the clean up facility is not very selective in that it does not provde an option as to which duplicate is removed. This meant that sometimes it removed a contact with more inofrmation than the one retained.  fortunatelly I was able to obtain this from another computer but it could have been very inconvenient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-04T06:56:11+00:00

    I'm struggling with the same issue.

    What is the People.Live.com and is this part of Liv Mail?

    I've "signed in" to this (I think) but it's just hanging on downloading and has been stuck on 2% for 30 minutes now.

    There also seems to be a script error when I open the page.

    Are my contacts safe if I restart this page or "clean up" operation.

    I can't afford to delete them by accident

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-11T07:01:42+00:00

    The first option wouldn't work because of an incorrect or out of date link but the second worked well, so thank you very much for your helpful answer. I had started to delete the duplicates individually and because ti was going to take so long I did a Google search so you have helped me to save a lot of time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments