I too am having the issue where "Clean Up Contacts' does not identify 100s of duplicate contacts. I have, on average, 4 duplicates for each contact that was created in MS Live Mail. There HAS to be a resolution for this. PLEASE HELP!
how to delete duplicate contacts in Windows live mail
I have upgraded from Outlook express (in Win xp) to Windows live mail (in win 7 professional), while importing contact , i have done it 2 times, now i want to delete duplicate contacts in one shot. Not step by step , becoz i have 4000 contacts. I can eaisly do it by deleting all and then importing once again. but it has MSN contacts also, it says while deleting MSN contacts will delete. So I am worried, becoz first I need to take backup of MSN contacts. So I am looking for a simple process
Rajiv
(removed PII)
(removed PII)
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-12-01T20:15:32+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-09-11T23:28:20+00:00 Hi John
I seem to have the same problem as you. I ran 'clean up contacts' from Windows Live Mail. It took me to people live, and the contacts were cleaned up. I then existed from Windows Live Mail and entered again.
But, I still have the contact list with the duplicates in Windows Live Mail. The cleaned-up list doesn't appear there.
Did you find a solution? This is driving me mad.
-
Anonymous
2015-08-04T18:20:23+00:00 Im trying to work on this for someone, after I linked her email address making a Microsoft account (originally just Comcast) it says cleaning up, goes through everything, but never updates in windows live mail 2012. how do I do that?
-
Anonymous
2015-07-15T21:50:29+00:00 Hi FireDog,
He is talking about the fact that in 4 pages the idea of opening " live mail " and clicking cleanup contacts, does not remove duplicates, in fact it does not even show them. What it does if I have two contacts a Fire Dog, and firedog, both with the same e-mail, it will combine them. However if you simply have firedog twice or more times, it ignores it.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-31T11:24:48+00:00 ... REPLIES that do not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies to what? Please use the Ask a question option on the Participatemenu to start your own thread about your own problem. Then please give as many details of the situation as possible - your version of Windows Live Mail, your operating system, whether you're signed in with a Microsoft Account and how the duplication of contacts arose. Someone will be able to help once we know what the situation is.