Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open.

Anonymous
2012-11-17T16:09:36+00:00

Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-02T19:15:16+00:00

    try the command without the space. if doesn't work you might need to do a factory reset but with out wiping out your data. they have that option but you need to find it. its some where in the control panel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-05T20:53:24+00:00

    i have somewhat the same problem.....

    when i open the charms bar and click on settings and then change pc settings it opens up a new window.....usually in that windows i used to have personalise,users,general,updates,security...ect.

    but now i'am having only the users and updates option in it......

    please help me with this problem.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-16T10:47:45+00:00

    Hello,

    I had this problem , it is now fixed,

    first make sure you set you country and language settings right to your real country you live in.

    the open  : Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting

    then click on  : fix problems with windows update

    Click : next

    Click : Try Troubleshooting as an Administrator

    Click : close


    restart you pc.


    the try to update your apps on the app store.


    hope this solve your problem.



    regards


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-11T10:31:44+00:00

    I couldn't open app store or windows update, (or for that matter norton)

    I got annoyed, held down my power button until the computer turned off and then turned it back on again and the problems stop, everything now opens, the computer probably didn't shut down properly one time and forcing the shut down must of fixed the problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-23T17:53:01+00:00

    I couldn't open app store or windows update, (or for that matter norton)

    I got annoyed, held down my power button until the computer turned off and then turned it back on again and the problems stop, everything now opens, the computer probably didn't shut down properly one time and forcing the shut down must of fixed the problem

    don't work for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments