Will someone answer with a fix please. The same thing is happening with me. The store and change pc settings just open for a second and goes back to the start screen. this makes a lot of windows 8 unusable. which makes my new computer useless. please help Microsoft support answer us as the steps you've mentioned have not worked. a lot of us seem to have this issue. Resolve this please!!!!
Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open.
Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2012-12-24T06:50:46+00:00 -
Anonymous
2012-12-01T14:31:10+00:00 I have the same issue, just 'crashes' to the start menu D:
-
Anonymous
2012-11-26T22:12:22+00:00 I ended up having to do a Windows Reset by forcing the boot-up sequence to fail by turning the PC off toward the end of boot (since I couldn't enable the Reset using the Windows Settings that failed to load). This wiped all account info (I had previously moved all data files to an external drive), but allowed me to add back each MS account I had on the PC.
I then set Windows Update to allow me to review all updates before installation, so that the Nvidia drivers won't automatically install.
-
Anonymous
2012-11-26T19:21:46+00:00 l found a simple solution to the same problem,you have to have windows firewall enabled to connect to windows store,i disabled my AVG firewall and then enabled the windows firewall and was able to go straight to the store.
-
Anonymous
2012-11-26T14:43:39+00:00 - I shoud also mention that I tried to install the MS Accounts troubleshooter: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab but I receive an error stating "A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting." Error code 0x80070005 is returned.
- I then tried running a fix for this issue: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23510, but that won't install either!