Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open.

Anonymous
2012-11-17T16:09:36+00:00

Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-02T19:15:16+00:00

    try the command without the space. if doesn't work you might need to do a factory reset but with out wiping out your data. they have that option but you need to find it. its some where in the control panel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-01T21:33:56+00:00

    It shows errors that I am unable to fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-31T20:11:27+00:00

    When you find the command prompt right click it and open as admin. SFC /SCANNOW only run as admin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-31T05:13:06+00:00

    Did you open the command prompt with admin rights?  There are two options for command prompt, one with and one without admin rights.  If you're signed in with the first account that was setup in Windows 8, it should already be an admin account, but you may still have to explicitly open the command prompt with admin rights.

    HTH

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-31T05:08:30+00:00

    Thanks for this tip!  I haven't had a repeat of the issue, but if I do, I'll try this.  This utility sounds useful for other potential system file issues as well: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments