Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open.

Anonymous
2012-11-17T16:09:36+00:00

Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-22T12:03:21+00:00

    can you tell me how you did everything step by step e.g. what you did you do to get the boot-up sequence?

    1.  Boot the PC using the power button.
    2.  After the Windows startup logo appears, count about 10-15 seconds, then power off the PC again using you power button.  This will force terminate the boot-up and log that a boot-up failed.
    3. Restart the PC using the power button.  You should receive a prompt that the last boot-up failed, with options to troubleshoot.  From there, you can go in and choose the Reset option.
    4. Alternatively, hitting F8 at the start of boot-up might allow the boot-up option menu (with troubleshooting submenu) to load, but that didn't work for me in this case.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-22T11:44:28+00:00

    can you tell me how you did everything step by step e.g. what you did you do to get the boot-up sequence?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-22T11:36:03+00:00

    Hey has anything helped you yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-11T16:14:22+00:00

    Hey, heres what I did...

    Just uninstalled windows 8 and changed back to good old 7!!!!

    BEST ANSWER!!! EVER....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-05-11T11:34:26+00:00

    Yep, I've sat here for 6 hours and tried every remedy I've found on a host of forums. I can't open the App Store and Change PC Settings does absolutely nothing (so I can't refresh the darned thing).

    Every time I hit the Store button I get Event ID 5973 'This app failed to launch because of an issue with its license.'

    C'mon Microsoft - this is simply not good enough.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments