Did you take the battery out or unplugged it when it was on or did your power go out if so this was my case my power went out for a few second and then i could not open the store. any other apps exaspt desktop and pc setting. i have windows 8.1
Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open.
Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-03-19T13:15:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-02-08T20:51:46+00:00 Performed all these steps to no avail. Bought full version of 8.1 and installed fresh without CorelDraw X3. Everything's fine now.
-
Anonymous
2014-02-04T16:02:17+00:00 I have 100% same symptoms on my 5 different W8.1 units. I´m using OSD imagining in lab enviroment, so I have few Computers with 8.1 installed. I ran MS diagnostic posted here before, and only possible reason it gave - missin MSN account. I don´t think accessing PC Settings has something to do with MSN account.
-
Anonymous
2013-12-08T11:47:30+00:00 Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open
and I put my pc in Safe mode
and now I cant do any thing
-
Anonymous
2013-09-10T00:59:14+00:00 I just tried this, as well, and also was not able to open the app store as I have been having issues with nothing showing up on my start screen.