Thanks Nathan. It helped me to use my favorite antivirus again!
Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open.
Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-08-24T15:30:09+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-08-24T12:54:32+00:00 Do you have third party anti-virus installed? If yes, try uninstalling it in safe mode. I had the same problem got rid of it this way.
-
Anonymous
2013-08-23T18:30:16+00:00 1. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to the issue? NO i haven
2. What happens when you try to ope app store and PC Settings? It don't open the pc setting, and i cant open the ape app store ether.
3. Do you receive any error message? No i don't receive no massage.
4. Which troubleshooting steps did you try? I try all method 1 to 5 and non work i still nothing happen when i click on pc settings.
please help me resolve this problem i only had this laptop for like 4 months and this is my third laptop about now.
-
Anonymous
2013-08-11T07:17:30+00:00 I think I got rid of that issue. The problem lies with the anti-virus software. Remove any third party anti-virus software you have installed and restart your PC. The anti-virus is the cause of a lot of problems like delay in starting, PC settings not opening, etc. But be sure you don't install any malicious software and be ware of sites you visit
Good day.
-
Anonymous
2013-08-10T23:31:12+00:00 Windows remains garbage problems galore with win8 on a mega expensive PC.
Knew I should have bought an iMac :-(