can you tell me how you did everything step by step e.g. what you did you do to get the boot-up sequence?
Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open.
Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-06-22T11:44:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-06-22T11:36:03+00:00 Hey has anything helped you yet?
-
Anonymous
2013-05-11T11:34:26+00:00 Yep, I've sat here for 6 hours and tried every remedy I've found on a host of forums. I can't open the App Store and Change PC Settings does absolutely nothing (so I can't refresh the darned thing).
Every time I hit the Store button I get Event ID 5973 'This app failed to launch because of an issue with its license.'
C'mon Microsoft - this is simply not good enough.
-
Anonymous
2013-02-23T17:53:01+00:00 I couldn't open app store or windows update, (or for that matter norton)
I got annoyed, held down my power button until the computer turned off and then turned it back on again and the problems stop, everything now opens, the computer probably didn't shut down properly one time and forcing the shut down must of fixed the problem
don't work for me
-
Anonymous
2013-02-11T10:31:44+00:00 I couldn't open app store or windows update, (or for that matter norton)
I got annoyed, held down my power button until the computer turned off and then turned it back on again and the problems stop, everything now opens, the computer probably didn't shut down properly one time and forcing the shut down must of fixed the problem