Hi,
The error also means that there isn't enought power in the USB port where the device is plugged-in. I would suggest connecting the device to another USB port or use a USB hub that supplies it’s own power.
Check if it helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original Title:USB DEVICS EXCEEDED THE POWER LIMITS OF ITS HUB....POWER SURGE
THE USB DEVICS HAS EXCEEDED THE POWER LIMITS OF ITS HUB....POWER SURGE....this is what the error message that was displayed everytime i put my pendrive...so i did something ,the error message stopped but cant use any pendrive...
when i put a pendrive,getting notifications at some ports...but explorer not opening the device..:(:(..Please help
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
The error also means that there isn't enought power in the USB port where the device is plugged-in. I would suggest connecting the device to another USB port or use a USB hub that supplies it’s own power.
Check if it helps.
Update:
What I had to do was uninstall all USB controllers, restart my computer and then go back to Device Manager and set all my Generic USB ports and USB Root Hub controllers to disallow the computer to turn off the devices to save power by unchecking all four boxes so the message should not appear again. You can complete the latter step by right clicking on all the Generic USB ports and USB Root Hub ports, clicking on properties, clicking on the Power Management tab, and unchecking the box that says "allow this computer to turn off the device to save power". Please note that you will have to uncheck the box for each Generic USB Hub and USB Root Hub port individually to ensure that the message does not return. You may also go to Regedit and follow this path: HKEY_Local_Machine/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/USBCCGP+USBHUB. Under both USBCCGP and USBHUB: Right click and click on New, on the new menu click on DWORD and a New Value field should appear. Now type in this new value field: DisableSelectiveSuspend and hit enter. Finally, click on the newly created DisableSelectiveSuspend field and click Modify; in the Value data box type 1 and press okay. Complete all steps for both USBCCGP and USBHUB.
As I report in my other post, there is an hardware circuit wish proposal is to prevent power surge on usb ports. When the connected device sucks more power than usb can furnish, the port is disabled, and a issue message is triggered on OS.
I will not speak from OS "bugs", since I never get it on my own systems. In all cases I have contact to, when working improperly, it was due hardware faults. Gigabyte motherboards have a particular resistor, which alters its value, and so leads to incorrect power surge signal to main control chip, as example. So, what people do, instead solving the hardware problem, is to blame software as having a bug by only doing what it was supposed to. The "solution" is, then, to uninstall the driver, or suppress the error message in some way, blaming the "software". To me, this not seems to be a "god" solution, isn't it?
See the gigabyte case:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRkEvuBz4s4
I hope I have helped! Bye!
I have tried this around 100 Time's and it still has not worked i have also uninstalled the drivers and that does not work either
My Computer now for 15+ hours has "Repairing disks errors. This might take over an hour to complete." What if anything can I do about this?? The only way to remove this HP notice is by taking away all power sources, including battery!! Can't turn off, ctrl-alt-delete, nothing gets this off screen except taking power source away and when power returned to computer SAME MESSAGE POPS UP!!
Any suggestions or solutions??