If you want to change your settings on Windows Updates manualy (not from registry) you need to delete added subkey under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU to leave only the "default" subkey.
Unable to change Windows Update settings: "SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
original title: "SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Im using Windows 7 Home Premium, and I've been encountering difficulties in Windows Updates Settings. I want to change my settings on Windows Updates so I can install important software from the Internet. But the problem is it prompts this message "SOME SETTINGS ARE MANAGED BY YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try this:
1. Click Start, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
2. Locate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer.
3. Double-click “Security Zones: Do not allow users to change policies” on the right pane
4. Choose “Not Configured” and click OK.
5. Restart the computer and test the result.
You can also delete the registry key “Security_HKLM_only” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings directly.
If the issue persists, I would like to confirm when this issue began to occur. Have any changes been made on your computer recently? Is your computer in a domain?
I had a registry setting on my PC. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer with a REG_DWORD called NoWindowsUpdate that was set to 1. I set it to 0 and it worked for me. None of the other options listed here worked for me.
43 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-12-16T00:40:07+00:00 the second option didn't work either for the same reason again I ask are we speaking about windows 7 64 bit?
-
Anonymous
2016-12-16T00:02:28+00:00 I tried every step didn't get past anything when enter was pressed a windows Explorer came up but none of the choices or options you mentioned was available to clarify we are talking about Windows 7 64 bit correct?