Blue Screen problem ref ntfs.sys

Anonymous
2012-01-09T09:37:52+00:00

This is the info on the blue screen yesterday:

BSOD Jan 8 2012

STOP:0*00000050 (0*B3553490,0*00000001,0*B7E23D4F,0*00000000)

ntfs.sys – Address B7E23D4F base at B7DFE000, DateStamp 48025 (Note that due to camera work, there may be other numbers after 48025).

Help appreciated

Peter Matthews

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-13T16:40:27+00:00

Hi,

I understand the hospital as I was in the emergency room twice on 12/30 and 12/31

myself, no fun.

Please ask in the Answers Windows XP Forums where there as experts who specialize

in XP.

Answers - Windows XP forums

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp

Also please provide all the information they need to help them help you.

How to ask a question

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Hope this helps.


Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-15T17:37:05+00:00

    Hello all,

    I thought I should add to this thread.

    I recently ran into a Dell Latitude 7440 laptop that would not boot.  NTFS.sys error BlueScreen during the Windows 7 x64 startup kept coming up.

    I put this small SSD drive into a USB reader, and it would instantly crash and force any Windows PC to restart (Windows 8.1/7/XP(yeah I found a couple XP boxes kicking around).

    Anyways.... I decided to try a bootable Linux USB, and guess what.... the drive was readable and I recovered all of the data.  I then put the drive back in the PC it came from, and Windows stated that it would like to "Repair Install", but I must put in the original Windows software.  I did that and the drive fixed itself.  Works like it did before!

    I can only assume that the Linux bootable USB fixed something on the drive, or the drive actually has a physical issue that will come back in the future.  At first I thought it had a power problem of sorts....  Of course, the Dell Diagnostics will never find anything wrong.

    I ran an updated Bootable USB Microsoft Defender virus scan and nothing was found.

    Cliff notes: 

    • Windows NTFS drive would shutdown any Windows machine instantly
    • Plug drive into non-Windows O/S --> Solved (for now)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments