Blue Screen problem ref ntfs.sys

Anonymous
2012-01-09T09:37:52+00:00

This is the info on the blue screen yesterday:

BSOD Jan 8 2012

STOP:0*00000050 (0*B3553490,0*00000001,0*B7E23D4F,0*00000000)

ntfs.sys – Address B7E23D4F base at B7DFE000, DateStamp 48025 (Note that due to camera work, there may be other numbers after 48025).

Help appreciated

Peter Matthews

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-13T16:40:27+00:00

Hi,

I understand the hospital as I was in the emergency room twice on 12/30 and 12/31

myself, no fun.

Please ask in the Answers Windows XP Forums where there as experts who specialize

in XP.

Answers - Windows XP forums

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp

Also please provide all the information they need to help them help you.

How to ask a question

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Hope this helps.


Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-01-21T15:38:30+00:00

    You have lost me.

    However, I have had 2 more BSOD this morning, 15 minutes apart and both whilst on Skype to the USA. I have copied as follows:

    Stop: 0*00000050 (0*B374CE28, 0*00000000, 0*B7E21B51, 0*00000000)

    Ntfs.sys - Address B7E21B51 base at B7DFE000, DateStamp 48025be5

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    STOP: 0*00000050 (0*B3FOAB88, 0*00000001, 0*B3641055, 0*00000000)

    vx1000.sys - Address B3641055 base at B363E000, DateStamp 49f661f5

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-01-17T20:45:47+00:00

    Normally a backup copy of Windows occurs on a laptop ( it can also occur on a desktop ) and is placed in a separate partition (aka volume) which has no drive letter but is named System. The whole of Disk 0 (size 500gb) is allocated to C containing Windows, programmes and data files. Disk 1 is your external drive (size 1tb). It will not contain a copy of the operating system unless you have cloned or backed the whole of C to your external drive. There would seem to be obvious evidence of a system partition of C.

    The best solution might be to get a small computer repair shop to help. 

    Where you saw the product keyy you should some ththing like this:

    00426-OEM-9154261-00435 - This gives information about the version of Windows installed on the computer. The product in the example is a generic OEM version of Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. It could help to know what Belarc shows for your copy of Windows XP. Note I am not asking for the Product Key which should not be displayed in a public place like these forums.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-01-17T19:53:40+00:00

    I am in foreign territory here. I can only pass to you what Belarc produced. I have another prog called Winaudit. shall I try that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-01-17T19:37:41+00:00

    a branded copy of Windows XP on the hard drive? Yes

    This reply has me puzzled.

    Local Drive Volumes c: (NTFS on drive 0) 500.10 GB 305.06 GB free f: (NTFS on drive 1) 1000.17 GB 855.93 GB free

    Where is the branded copy of Windows XP?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments