Blue Screen problem ref ntfs.sys

Anonymous
2012-01-09T09:37:52+00:00

This is the info on the blue screen yesterday:

BSOD Jan 8 2012

STOP:0*00000050 (0*B3553490,0*00000001,0*B7E23D4F,0*00000000)

ntfs.sys – Address B7E23D4F base at B7DFE000, DateStamp 48025 (Note that due to camera work, there may be other numbers after 48025).

Help appreciated

Peter Matthews

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-13T16:40:27+00:00

Hi,

I understand the hospital as I was in the emergency room twice on 12/30 and 12/31

myself, no fun.

Please ask in the Answers Windows XP Forums where there as experts who specialize

in XP.

Answers - Windows XP forums

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp

Also please provide all the information they need to help them help you.

How to ask a question

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Hope this helps.


Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-01-27T10:46:34+00:00

    To date I have had no more BSOD and therefore I will terminate this.

    My boot up time is faster  though general usage is still sluggish.

    I propose to raise a question re my non functioning optical drive.

    Thank you for your considerable help.

    Peter Matthews

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-01-23T10:30:35+00:00

    I have gone to the Folder Options by a slightly different route and confirm that items are already ticked or not. The only alteration I have made via support.microsoft is to change the memory dump from kernel to small.

    Configure the dump type To configure startup and recovery options (including the dump type), follow these steps.

    Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

    1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
    3. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.

    c:\windows\minidump shows as empty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-01-22T15:53:14+00:00

    For advice on how to configure your system to create dump files please read:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

    The dumpfile will be created at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the file. To show hidden files type Folder Options in the search box above the Start button and select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-01-22T15:35:26+00:00

    I downloaded BlueScreenView I believe on your advice on a previous occasion but I have yet to see any Mini dumpfile information. I am intrigued. What more information is on that Blue Screen than that I have already provided?

    I will try for updating the webcam driver.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments