iTunes plays the music ok but I cannot get the video podcasts to play. Either I get choppy sound which is 5 - 10 seconds behind the video or the sound is good but the is no video. Any ideas?
Is Itunes compatible with Windows 8
Hi everyone !
I am trying to find out if the current version of Apple Itunes is fully compatible with Windows 8 ?
I have done some research and I seem to be understanding that Apple has not updated its software to fit into the new system & there are some issues surfacing about compatibility. I am about to instal Windows 8 but I must have Itunes working perfectly with the new system as I am a devoted Apple supporter with Ipad, Ipod, Iphone etc. I know that Microsoft wants us to change to their own music system but like many people I will not change as I love my Apple products and Itunes.
Can anyone please give me some guidance. I am in Australia and Windows 8 has officially launched.
Thanks : Allan
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2013-03-25T02:27:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-04-14T22:32:36+00:00 I noticed that most of these post are from 2012, and most say that there is compatibility issues between Win 8 and iTunes. Well its April 2013 and the is still issues. Spoke with everyone from Gateways > Microsoft > iTunes > My Priest and the local handyman. Really upset that these issues have not been resolved. Local Tech bird reported that Win 8 will go up in smoke, so iTunes is in no hurry to make adjustments. Sucks coming and going. Any and all advice accepted.
An Apple fan from the Big Apple.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2013-08-27T19:40:31+00:00 I received my Windows 8 IE10 laptop back in December for xmas. I downloaded iTunes v10 in January and it is now up to V11. It is still incompatible with Windows 8. The instructions Microsoft provides are to downgrade the version of iTunes to a version that was last compatible (XP, 7, etc). This DOES NOT WORK.
I spent hours on the phone with Apple and Microsoft when I first identified the issue. Plugging in my ipod would make my laptop reboot (after I had downloaded new songs to the Win 8 device). Apple's website is full of information about the issue but their techs knew nothing about it. I had to point them to the location on their site where it indicated the compatibility issue.
I was also told they were working to fix the issue (since ALL new devices are coming with Windows 8) and all iTunes downloads now are v11 tuner. The rep that I spoke with reassured me he would contact me directly. It is 8/27/13 and I have not heard one word from anyone.
This is an issue that definitely needs to be resolved. I suppose it's time to write to corporate at both locations.
Kia
-
Anonymous
2013-08-27T21:18:31+00:00 Kia, I've been on this mythical "call list" since last year. Don't hold your breath!
Neither one of them has a reason to fix it.
So, you can go with the full functionality of a Surface or other Win 8 device and have a totally useless music interface or, you can go with Apple's knock out music interface and have a device that only does one thing at a time with no USB.
Good luck.