miApple.me,
Thanks, fix #2 worked for me! In my case iTunes closed when attempting to access iTunes Store.
Win 8.1, iTunes 11.1.2.31.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone !
I am trying to find out if the current version of Apple Itunes is fully compatible with Windows 8 ?
I have done some research and I seem to be understanding that Apple has not updated its software to fit into the new system & there are some issues surfacing about compatibility. I am about to instal Windows 8 but I must have Itunes working perfectly with the new system as I am a devoted Apple supporter with Ipad, Ipod, Iphone etc. I know that Microsoft wants us to change to their own music system but like many people I will not change as I love my Apple products and Itunes.
Can anyone please give me some guidance. I am in Australia and Windows 8 has officially launched.
Thanks : Allan
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
miApple.me,
Thanks, fix #2 worked for me! In my case iTunes closed when attempting to access iTunes Store.
Win 8.1, iTunes 11.1.2.31.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Yea, it's the "except" part that irritates me. There is ALWAYS and exception.
I'm receiving a new PC tomorrow with all the bells and whistles and with enough horsepower to run a third world country. One thing it will not have on it is iTunes, Win Media Center or Xbox Music.
In addition to the constant issues with iTunes and Win 8, Xbox Music is not my friend. I've taken up a whistling and Yodeling class at the local community college until I can find my Sony Walkman!
Once again, people don't have to know how a car works to drive one. I shouldn't have to be a computer programmer to expect a "point and click" app to operate correctly.
I have Windows 8 installed on a new HP Envy. ITunes works fine EXCEPT I can't access the store from ITunes. It downloads updates to apps and new podcasts I subscribe to, but when I click on the store I get an error message that there was an error and Windows is closing the program. I can sync my phone and Ipad with no problem. I can also load music CDs into ITunes. I have had Apple support advise me on some fixes, nothing has helped so far. One problem with uninstalling ITunes that I have encountered is that some of the Apple folders are in use somewhere on the computer and I can't find them. My husband (much smarter than me!) went into the registry and deleted anything with "apple" in the file name. Then I did a clean install (as instructed by Apple Support). Didn't solve the problem.
Thanks to all for their responses. Nothing works. I am able to install iTunes on my new Windows 8 device. It works on the device. It does not sync with the ipod. I get an error and the system reboots. I have downgraded the version of iTunes to Win 7 and Win XP and neither fix the problem. Again this is a known issue with Win and Apple. Nothing I have tried works.
Kia