I found that iTune caused a problem in windows 8. It kept turning on the proxy servers flag in networking when operating out of the Start up icons. I could turn off the flag and it was good for one time and then it would get set again. I worked on it for sever hours trying to find out what was causing it. I finally uninstalled iTune and the problem was fix.
Is Itunes compatible with Windows 8
Hi everyone !
I am trying to find out if the current version of Apple Itunes is fully compatible with Windows 8 ?
I have done some research and I seem to be understanding that Apple has not updated its software to fit into the new system & there are some issues surfacing about compatibility. I am about to instal Windows 8 but I must have Itunes working perfectly with the new system as I am a devoted Apple supporter with Ipad, Ipod, Iphone etc. I know that Microsoft wants us to change to their own music system but like many people I will not change as I love my Apple products and Itunes.
Can anyone please give me some guidance. I am in Australia and Windows 8 has officially launched.
Thanks : Allan
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-09-17T01:02:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-07T14:23:29+00:00 HI,
I can confirm that the latest iTunes does NOT work with Win 8, 64 bit. I am unable to sync my ipod nano series 5. I have no issues downloading itunes, purchasing on itunes, however, I refuse to buy into the apple concept and have all "apple" devices. The ipod nano 5 is the only one that I have and the device will not sync.
I am an administrator, I have uninstalled, reinstalled itunes, run in compatibility mode, run as administrator, unchecked auto sync, etc. Everything that is listed in the help files and NOTHING works.
The kids at best buy suggest purchasing a more recent ipod--all of which is B.S. The technology with the ipod worked with iTunes v10.xx prior to Windows 8, so it's not the ipod. It's Windows and Apple still having issues.
It is the SYNC that I am unable to perform and so far, these useless forums, useless help desk people at Microsoft and Apple have been extremely frustrating. But I am going to continue to harangue the 2 companies until a solution has been identified.
Kia
Thanks for your response Kia. I have tried everything too and it is very frustrating! I cannot get my playlist onto my iPhone 5. I didn't have this issue until I bought a PC with Windows 8. Wish I had spent the extra money and bought a Mac.
Jill
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2014-04-06T16:15:56+00:00 HI,
I can confirm that the latest iTunes does NOT work with Win 8, 64 bit. I am unable to sync my ipod nano series 5. I have no issues downloading itunes, purchasing on itunes, however, I refuse to buy into the apple concept and have all "apple" devices. The ipod nano 5 is the only one that I have and the device will not sync.
I am an administrator, I have uninstalled, reinstalled itunes, run in compatibility mode, run as administrator, unchecked auto sync, etc. Everything that is listed in the help files and NOTHING works.
The kids at best buy suggest purchasing a more recent ipod--all of which is B.S. The technology with the ipod worked with iTunes v10.xx prior to Windows 8, so it's not the ipod. It's Windows and Apple still having issues.
It is the SYNC that I am unable to perform and so far, these useless forums, useless help desk people at Microsoft and Apple have been extremely frustrating. But I am going to continue to harangue the 2 companies until a solution has been identified.
Kia
-
Anonymous
2014-04-03T15:35:59+00:00 Too much hassle for me!