I just got a new computer and of course it has windows 8 went on and I cant find my library and my ipad was not syncing luckily I have a computer with windows 7 that had iTunes and was able to find my library and get everything done. Was going to get rid of that computer but I guess I wont now since seems the only way I can find what I need on I tunes.
Is Itunes compatible with Windows 8
Hi everyone !
I am trying to find out if the current version of Apple Itunes is fully compatible with Windows 8 ?
I have done some research and I seem to be understanding that Apple has not updated its software to fit into the new system & there are some issues surfacing about compatibility. I am about to instal Windows 8 but I must have Itunes working perfectly with the new system as I am a devoted Apple supporter with Ipad, Ipod, Iphone etc. I know that Microsoft wants us to change to their own music system but like many people I will not change as I love my Apple products and Itunes.
Can anyone please give me some guidance. I am in Australia and Windows 8 has officially launched.
Thanks : Allan
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2012-12-25T17:06:16+00:00 -
Anonymous
2012-12-04T03:12:41+00:00 Hi everyone !
I am trying to find out if the current version of Apple Itunes is fully compatible with Windows 8 ?
I have done some research and I seem to be understanding that Apple has not updated its software to fit into the new system & there are some issues surfacing about compatibility. I am about to instal Windows 8 but I must have Itunes working perfectly with the new system as I am a devoted Apple supporter with Ipad, Ipod, Iphone etc. I know that Microsoft wants us to change to their own music system but like many people I will not change as I love my Apple products and Itunes.
Can anyone please give me some guidance. I am in Australia and Windows 8 has officially launched.
Thanks : Allan
I am also a Apple lover,I have more Apple devices and 1.5 T bite of apple music,TV,Movies and some say it will and some say it wont,PC built it so they should know what will work and what wont but they send you to Apple.I will stay with 7 anyway I just dont like 8.Thanks for reading,Im just ticked about this new 8 OS and just got 7 doing good..
-
Anonymous
2012-11-16T04:23:29+00:00 That's what I did, thanks!
-
Anonymous
2012-11-12T10:31:20+00:00 @ Doctor-Who, To retain your allowed 'up to 5 Authorised PC's' in the iTunes store, you should de-authorise before installing W8. Open iTunes - synchronise your gadget - click 'Store' menu and select 'De-authorise this Computer...' sign in with apple ID and password, you will the be told that the PC is De-authorised. After you upgrade to W8 then you can do the reverse to re-authorise. None of your media files will be effected during this process.
Regards Robert.
-
Anonymous
2012-11-11T23:38:50+00:00 I clicked 'Me Too' when SNAKE58 posted his initial question, as my concerns were the same. I have been using windows since Win 3.1 through all versions till now. This has been the simplest upgrade of all, as long as you complete the prep first. Before upgrading to Win8 Pro from Win7 Home Premium I performed all the prep tasks to ensure smooth changeover, (still fingers crossed though) I.e. clearing all the rubbish files, defraging the drive, getting all the updates required for software hardware/drivers, performing a disc backup and syncing my iPhone and iPod, disconnecting all devices, then by following tha advice from the Win8 upgrade assistant, one of which was to De-authorise the PC from the Apple store using iTunes ver 10.7. (as you are only allowed up to 5 authorised PC's). During the upgrade I had chosen to transfer all Apps/files settings. The upgrade took 1 hour 10 mins and I am still able to use other software made for Win95, so iTunes 10.7 does not pose any problem of compatability with Win8 Pro, all I needed to do was re-authorise my PC again using iTunes, by clicking the iTunes tile in the Metro Start screen. All my applications have their own tile in the Metro screen and it very simple to switch back to desktop screen which, is as I left it, in Win7, except the Start menu is now the Metro app. Whilst typing this, I have synced my iPod again (48Gb of music/video/files), all okay. Now have the iPhone 3Gs connected and iTunes has offered to download and install new iOS ver 6.0.1. Install done and iPhone 3Gs synced again, all okay. (I use all genius mixes on iPhone). So iTunes 10.7 is compatible with Win8 Pro. Win8 Pro is a winner at this time.
I've got a question for you, RabCam. I've run the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to see what issues I may have. It said, re: iTunes 10.7.0.21, that "Remove authorized PCs". What does that mean?