Hi everyone !
I am trying to find out if the current version of Apple Itunes is fully compatible with Windows 8 ?
I have done some research and I seem to be understanding that Apple has not updated its software to fit into the new system & there are some issues surfacing about compatibility. I am about to instal Windows 8 but I must have Itunes working perfectly with the new system as I am a devoted Apple supporter with Ipad, Ipod, Iphone etc. I know that Microsoft wants us to change to their own music system but like many people I will not change as I love my Apple products and Itunes.
Can anyone please give me some guidance. I am in Australia and Windows 8 has officially launched.
Thanks : Allan
from itunes.com:
Windows System Requirements
- PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista or Windows 7
- 64-bit editions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
- 250MB of available disk space
- Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
you can also try to use compatibility mode.
right click itunes installer.
click run in compatibility mode windows 7.
if it has no issues, itunes will be installed for windows 8.
if it has issues, itunes installation will fail.
you can also try to download latest itunes here: