I agree. I have been researching for hours on how to update my computer.
My problem is a bit different because my windows update screen just wont load. Im beginning to think Windows doesn't care about their service.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My pc is functioning as it should, except that updates KB 2770917, KB2737084, KB2761226, KB2769034, KB2769165 and KB2727528 will not install, despite numerous attempts and running the troubleshooter.
Previous updates have installed without problem.
I have tried disabling the NLS service but this has not helped.
I have tried fully uninstalling the only recently added software but the updates would still not install.
I have disabled the firewall in my antivirus software.
My Windows 8 was installed from disc as an upgrade to Windows 7
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I agree. I have been researching for hours on how to update my computer.
My problem is a bit different because my windows update screen just wont load. Im beginning to think Windows doesn't care about their service.
I researched a bunch too. I had re-installed my laptop all together. Actually, several times. I just got my labtop in March so I wasn't so sore about the pictures and music I had on it. It did work eventually work and updated everything needed to be. The down fall of the installation was that my Webroot will not work on my labtop anymore. I am guessing that there is a glitch in the Windows 8.1 that makes it freeze. Good luck to you.
Windows 8 is a debacle. We bought a new laptop for my wife with Win 8 on it, and I hate the decision. It can never update, and always hangs at update 2 of the 13. I also really can not be bothered trying the 50 things suggested in this thread.
I loathe Win 8.
On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:59:41 +0000, Scott_456456 wrote:
Windows 8 is a debacle. We bought a new laptop for my wife with Win 8 on it, and I hate the decision. It can never update, and always hangs at update 2 of the 13. I also really can not be bothered trying the 50 things suggested in this thread.
I loathe Win 8.
So, you can't update, but I, and millions of other Windows 8 users,
can, and you blame it on Windows 8?
OK first of all, Mr. Micro$oft MVP Ken Blake, I'm sure it's not as difficult for YOU to get YOUR Window$ 8 operating system to update as it sounds like you're a "member of the team" so to speak. As for all of us "other Window$ 8 users", those of us like me that have at least a little computer knowledge have been lucky enough (so far) to finally get it to work, albeit with quite a bit of troubleshooting. What about people who buy a new PC with the expectation of simply being able to plug it in & USE it? Those folks are S.O.L. pure & simple. A bunch of friends & family got together and purchased my Window$ 8 notebook for me, if that gives you an idea of the financial bracket they & I are in. They did this for me so I could communicate with all of them while I was in the hospital being treated for mantle cell lymphoma. Again, I'm lucky to have the knowledge to figure out why it wouldn't update, I had to try a few different remedies until I hit the right one. What about someone like Scott 456456 that obviously still has trouble? Your rude response to him seems to say "we got your money, who cares if it doesn't work". The problem he's describing occurred with me in NOVEMBER of 2012! Do you mean to tell me that Micro$oft has NOT fixed that worthless update YET? Do you corporate **** actually ENJOY taking advantage of people?