Windows 8 updates won't install

Anonymous
2012-11-22T14:02:48+00:00

My pc is functioning as it should, except that updates KB 2770917, KB2737084, KB2761226, KB2769034, KB2769165 and KB2727528 will not install, despite numerous attempts and running the troubleshooter.

Previous updates have installed without problem.

I have tried disabling the NLS service but this has not helped. 

I have tried fully uninstalling the only recently added software but the updates would still not install.

I have disabled the firewall in my antivirus software.

My Windows 8 was installed from disc as an upgrade to Windows 7

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

59 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-12T04:34:19+00:00

    Hate to keep beating a dead horse, but I figure if Microsoft hears enough complaints they might try to send a fix before it loses whatever loyal customers they have, and I say loyal with tongue in cheek.  I have been one who likes, not loves, Windows 8; but this issue seems to be a list of many to come .  I only got Windows 8 recently, so I have not run into too many disappointments, but I am beginning to wonder if the proverbial shoe(s) are just waiting to fall. Glad I kept my Windows 7 installation discs.  I May be, as someone aptly put it, upgrading FROM Windows 8 back to Windows 7.  Hurry up Microsoft, I have little patience with sloppy work.  Nuff said!!!

    Holding My Breath!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-23T23:39:22+00:00

    I found my problem!

    It has nothing to do with all this windows update troubleshooting or clean boot.

    I had 30 updates to install. if i clicked all, they would all download but would stay at 0% indefinitely. when i went to do it manually, i noticed that when i click on certain updates, some said "READ FOR INSTALL" and some said "READY FOR DOWNLOAD". i noticed the ready for download ones were more recent updates, which means you have to install the oldest updates first in order from oldest to newest. its a really crappy way to do it! thanks windows for failing us again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-12T18:05:36+00:00

    Thanks dude, Thins this works for me :D

    Good day to you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-17T15:24:35+00:00

    Thanks for the reply. I didn't think they would work, but I should be fine. I've deactivated those that I can, and I'm sure I'll be fine with any other programs that need to be registered. Even if it means contacting support.

    I've just refreshed, and have managed to install the updates. I'll be sure to set a restore point once everything is running smoothly again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-17T01:50:25+00:00

    Dear Glenn-Thomas,

    I assume the registry is wiped during the 'Refresh your PC' process as this is a likely source of corruption and hence why you might choose this option. Just checked my registry and I cannot see entries for programs I didn't re-install after I performed the 'Refreshing your PC' process.

    Thus you may need to re-enter license keys for programs you want to re-install if you go for this solution. I definitely had to re-enter my license key for Microsoft Office. It will depend on where the program stores it's license key.

    Good luck and let us know how it goes!

    Dr Nick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments