I tried that and it didn't work - actually I was working on another problem and did the refresh which started my update problem...
Windows 8 updates won't install
My pc is functioning as it should, except that updates KB 2770917, KB2737084, KB2761226, KB2769034, KB2769165 and KB2727528 will not install, despite numerous attempts and running the troubleshooter.
Previous updates have installed without problem.
I have tried disabling the NLS service but this has not helped.
I have tried fully uninstalling the only recently added software but the updates would still not install.
I have disabled the firewall in my antivirus software.
My Windows 8 was installed from disc as an upgrade to Windows 7
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
59 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-07-07T22:22:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-05-29T00:39:59+00:00 I am having somewhat the same problem to the extent that I finally turned off automatic updating. Windows8 recently applied a series of update during my last system shutdown, only to fail around the 35% point. It then give me a Failure to Configure Windows Changes. It then gave me a notice that it was Reverting Changes which it never completed.
After about 30-45 minutes the system automatically restarted only to go back to go back to Reverting Changes again. This loop occurred over an over again for about 3 hours until I became totally frustrated and I would crash the system by turning it off. Upon the last restart, I was able to get into setup and restore all of my system and user defaults. The system restarted, reinitiated my updated, and surprisingly, completed the update. However, I am left with the concern that this could occur again, especially with automatic updates turned on, so I turned it off.
However, upon looking at my updates, I have a long list of updates, over the last few days that have failed.
Not sure why this is happening but I am now very concerned about applying any updated for fear that it will lock up my system again in a perpetual loop.
I am surprised that such a perceived good product is performing so badly
-
Anonymous
2014-05-29T00:19:21+00:00 I wrestled with this for a while and finally got past it by installing (and in a few cases re-installing) the updates listed in the following article (in the order listed.)
As I said in some cases it was apparently the first time it was installed and in some cases I was asked if I wanted to reinstall. But it worked.
Good Luck
-
Anonymous
2014-05-10T13:40:10+00:00 hi,
i have tried your options but nothing is still not working I have 96 important updates and the download progress wont go past 0%
-
Anonymous
2013-11-13T11:04:13+00:00 I made a new Acc whit admin , and made it locally(not online) , that worked , i can now download all updates and install them .
Try it , you got nothing to lose :)