Windows 8 updates won't install

Anonymous
2012-11-22T14:02:48+00:00

My pc is functioning as it should, except that updates KB 2770917, KB2737084, KB2761226, KB2769034, KB2769165 and KB2727528 will not install, despite numerous attempts and running the troubleshooter.

Previous updates have installed without problem.

I have tried disabling the NLS service but this has not helped. 

I have tried fully uninstalling the only recently added software but the updates would still not install.

I have disabled the firewall in my antivirus software.

My Windows 8 was installed from disc as an upgrade to Windows 7

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

59 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-20T22:10:00+00:00

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:59:41 +0000, Scott_456456 wrote:

    Windows 8 is a debacle. We bought a new laptop for my wife with Win 8 on it, and I hate the decision. It can never update, and always hangs at update 2 of the 13. I also really can not be bothered trying the 50 things suggested in this thread.

    I loathe Win 8.

    So, you can't update, but I, and millions of other Windows 8 users,
    can, and you blame it on Windows 8?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-20T21:59:41+00:00

    Windows 8 is a debacle. We bought a new laptop for my wife with Win 8 on it, and I hate the decision. It can never update, and always hangs at update 2 of the 13. I also really can not be bothered trying the 50 things suggested in this thread.

    I loathe Win 8.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-05T19:08:45+00:00

    I researched a bunch too.  I had re-installed my laptop all together.  Actually, several times.  I just got my labtop in March so I wasn't so sore about the pictures and music I had on it.  It did work eventually work and updated everything needed to be.  The down fall of the installation was that my Webroot will not work on my labtop anymore.  I am guessing that there is a glitch in the Windows 8.1 that makes it freeze.  Good luck to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-05T16:22:41+00:00

    I agree. I have been researching for hours on how to update my computer.

    My problem is a bit different because my windows update screen just wont load. Im beginning to think Windows doesn't care about their service.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-07T22:24:27+00:00

    the bad thing is now they have windows 8.1 but you can't get in until you get your updates uploaded...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments