How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?

Anonymous
2012-04-19T23:54:02+00:00

I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.

I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.

So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-19T18:40:06+00:00

go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-30T07:54:44+00:00

    Note: Gerry, I have no time for your insults to Norton. Thank you.

    Not insults. Just highlighting some of the problems which  many users have encountered in the past.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-30T09:45:59+00:00

    Removal tool ???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-30T09:54:28+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-05-03T06:44:30+00:00

    Did you run the Removal tool?

    If not then your uninstall and reinstall did not address the probable causes.

    I am unable to use that removal tool as it is for Vista and XP only. I use Windows 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments