go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut
How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?
I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.
I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.
So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2012-04-19T23:56:05+00:00 Services and Programs are two seperate things
What program is it?
-
Anonymous
2012-04-20T00:00:49+00:00 Services and Programs are two seperate things
What program is it?
It's Norton 360. It needs to be listed in the start menu to properly scan my files for items that don't need to be scanned. Ironically, this would speed up my computer, because Norton would not be scanning everything as it starts.
-
Anonymous
2012-04-20T03:04:25+00:00 Hi Wagy,
I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.
Copy the program to the startup folder and check if it helps.
a) Copy the program.
b) Go to Start and click on All Programs.
c) Right click on Startup and click on Paste.
d) Restart your computer.
-
Anonymous
2012-04-20T12:34:35+00:00 If Norton was installed correctly, that it, the realtime scanning engine will automatically be functioning. Theres no need for you, nor should you, to do anything other than set the various options within Norton
Do NOT attempt to place norton in your startup folder