How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?

Anonymous
2012-04-19T23:54:02+00:00

I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.

I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.

So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-19T18:40:06+00:00

go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-25T11:44:04+00:00

    There is no StartUp Menu in Win7 There are third party utilites that show StartUps, where they can be deselected.

    msconfig, StartUp tab, can be used to disable a startup

    Why doesn't it allow for "adding" a program, like it did in Vista?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-23T11:03:59+00:00

    There is no StartUp Menu in Win7 There are third party utilites that show StartUps, where they can be deselected.

    msconfig, StartUp tab, can be used to disable a startup

    There is a 'show hidden icons' indicator on your task bar which will contain some of the programs that are set to autorun on boot, I would suspect that it contains Norton.

    If Norton is scanning on boot up, that is a setting that you have configured within Norton, its not specific to Win.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-23T09:47:37+00:00

    Norton installs itself there on installation.  If it isnt there it probably should be re-installed.

    I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.

    Norton wanted me to reinstall Windows 7. Crazy!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-04-22T20:45:15+00:00

    Norton installs itself there on installation.  If it isnt there it probably should be re-installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments