go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut
How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?
I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.
I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.
So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2012-04-25T15:37:44+00:00 I Agree <g>
-
Anonymous
2012-04-25T15:28:27+00:00 It puzzles me why you see the need to pursue this point. Palcouk has told you that if Norton is scanning on startup you have no need to worry. Security software is often treated differently to other programmes. An example is that security software is never listed as a running application in Task Manager.
Vista was a poor operating system. Windows 7 is much the better operating system.
Why do you want Norton 360?
When you have problems with system performance the Forum is Performance and Maintenance.
For problems updating Windows it is Windows Update.
When System Restore does not work it is System Repair and Recovery.
When your budget is limited and you are fed up trying to resolve the problems mentioned above switch to a better and less problematic freeware alternative..
When you want good freeware do not rely on a web site providing software for independent advice.
When you are having problems removing Norton 360 try the Norton removal tool
I see Noel Paton has just made the same point with a much shorter message.
-
Anonymous
2012-04-25T15:17:45+00:00 There are various options within Norton to configure....
I find the most effective one is 'Uninstall' <g>
-
Anonymous
2012-04-25T15:04:08+00:00 Since according to you Norton is scanning your system on reboot, then its correctly installed, and is loading on startup. As previously stated not all programs that auto start are listed in the startup folder, some are merely shown in the registry.
Did you actually check the hidden icons taskbar option?
There are various options within Norton to configure when it scans.
If you believe Norton is not installed or running correctly, uninstall Norton, then use the tool on Norton site to completely remove.
After the reboot, run Disk Cleanup, then reinstall Norton as per Norton instructions