How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?

Anonymous
2012-04-19T23:54:02+00:00

I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.

I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.

So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-19T18:40:06+00:00

go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-05-03T11:36:14+00:00

    [quote=Norton Chat] Renjith: Amber, it seems the Windows installer is corrupt in your computer. So you may try it in Safe Mode or you can try it from add/ remove programs in Safe Mode.

    Renjith: To get into the Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.[End quote]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-03T11:15:42+00:00

    What was I (and others) telling you about Norton?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-05-03T11:04:09+00:00

    That's odd - I just downloaded it from that link, and it does not need access to the servers to be able to run.

    [edit = I just tried to run the download on two machines, and it failed to run properly! since it ws dated 25th Feb, it may have expired. I find this fairly typical of Norton's abilties]

    Their 'tech' assist used to know what they were doing, lately I have run across MANY who have no idea what they are doing.

    I normally refuse to give them access to my computer. I have them walk me through what they think will fix the error.

    Even their supervisors have no idea what they are doing, lately. They keep telling me the problem is that windows7 startup is not working properly and I need to reinstall windows7.

    NUTS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-05-03T09:02:29+00:00

    That's odd - I just downloaded it from that link, and it does not need access to the servers to be able to run.

    [edit = I just tried to run the download on two machines, and it failed to run properly! since it ws dated 25th Feb, it may have expired. I find this fairly typical of Norton's abilties]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments