go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut
How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?
I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.
I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.
So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2012-05-03T16:44:45+00:00 You state that Norton installed correctly but still didnt show in Msconfig, if that is the case it didnt install correctly.
Your problems are probably caused by using 'SpeedUpMyPc' type of utilities, ie IObit and who knows what else, which are damaging or have messed with your system settings & registry.
So all in all you are back to where you started.
-
Anonymous
2012-05-03T15:29:20+00:00 I was finally able to repair the problem.
Got someone on Norton chat that knew what they were doing.
Told me to use Windows "uninstall a program", and choose the second option which erases all of my records, choices, preferences etc.
It worked. Then I reinstalled.
Norton still not on the startup menu, like always. So I used IObit Toolbox 'Start Up Manager', it let me add Norton 360.
Now Norton is in my msconfig, my Norton Startup etc. everywhere it belongs.
So easy it was silly.
Thank you for patiently trying to help me through this.
Ironically, even with Norton 360 in the startup menu, it still won't run the startup insight scan to reduce the startup load. *sigh*.
Otherwise, I really do prefer Norton to other options.
-
Anonymous
2012-05-03T12:06:06+00:00 The uninstaller worked just fine for me.
Took less than 6 minutes.
Going to reinstall now. Will let you know if it installs correctly.
It might have needed to be completely uninstalled, have upgraded since version 2.
-
Anonymous
2012-05-03T11:52:34+00:00 Holding the F8 key down is as likely to bring up a Keyboard Failure as bring up the menu - it needs to be tapped, not screwed to the floor :)
If Norton is using the Windows Installer, it's the only AV manufacturer to do so - and the service doesn't run in Safe Mode anyhow.
Yeeesht!