How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?

Anonymous
2012-04-19T23:54:02+00:00

I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.

I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.

So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-19T18:40:06+00:00

go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-05-10T10:45:54+00:00

    The problem is Norton's installer, and I have no intention of geting rid of Norton.

    I can live with the program scanning every file in my startup menu for security.

    It just slows down the startup. I was only hoping to find a way to fix it. Obviously not.

    AGAIN, my computer runs awesome. I definately prefer Windows 7 over Vista anyday.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-05T15:37:26+00:00

    I repeat - 'God help you'

    Once you get rid of Norton, we may be able to assist - until then all I can say is 'good luck - you'll need it'.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-05-05T09:34:00+00:00

    I don't use the speed up my pc products included in the IObit Toolbox.

    I use IObit Malware Fighter.

    My computer is running awesome. The problem has to be on Nortons end.

    I guess I will just live with Norton scanning every file in my "startup menu".

    After that everything works great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-05-03T19:08:08+00:00

    My only comment now is 'God help you' - because I am perfectly certain that no-one in these forums can do so.

    If the installer is not working the way it should - and it is NOT the Windows Installer - then there is something serously wrong with your system, or with the Norton installer.

    Take your pick.

    I cannot help any more than I have already - and it's my honest opinionthat either you have ignored the advice given, or you have a seriously compromised system.

    I recommend a full reformat/reinstall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments