How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?

Anonymous
2012-04-19T23:54:02+00:00

I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.

I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.

So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-19T18:40:06+00:00

go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-16T07:59:03+00:00

    Wagy

    You're barking up the wrong tree!. The message was one for Noel about his web site not being updated! You should look at the "In reply to" note over the message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-05-16T02:03:33+00:00

    Shame on you Noel <G>. You're in the same boat as me!

    This page was last updated 14/08/2010! I suppose no news is good news.

     

    Wrong.

    I replied on May 10, 2012.

    August 14, 2010 is when I joined. You should know that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-05-10T11:26:55+00:00

    Shame on you Noel <G>. You're in the same boat as me!

    This page was last updated 14/08/2010! I suppose no news is good news.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments