How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?

Anonymous
2012-04-19T23:54:02+00:00

I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.

I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.

So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-03-19T18:40:06+00:00

go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-21T08:04:18+00:00

    Because not all programs that auto start will be in the start up folder, there are other locations in the registry where they are located or registered.

    Assuming Norton was installed as per their instructions and the Norton Options menu functions, its installed correctly. If its not installed or functioning correctly you will get a notification msg

    And you stated Norton scans the PC when you start the PC therefore its operating correctly.

    http://uk.norton.com/360/

    Obtain the user guide

    http://us.norton.com/support/productdetail/manuals.jsp?pvid=n360-6

    BTW You will doubtless see many utilities advertised to maintain your PC, under the general heading of 'SpeedUpMyPc' some will be free, do NOT install any, they are all snake oil and in the worst case can trash your system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-21T06:15:21+00:00

    I don't understand what you mean. I'm not exactly tech savvy.

    I DO need Norton 360 in my startup folder. Norton/Symantics said it needs to be there.

    It's not in my startup folder, but it is in my startup programs. How can that possibly be?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-20T12:34:35+00:00

    If Norton was installed correctly, that it, the realtime scanning engine will automatically be functioning. Theres no need for you, nor should you, to do anything other than set the various options within Norton

    Do NOT attempt to place norton in your startup folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-04-20T03:04:25+00:00

    Hi Wagy,

    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

    Copy the program to the startup folder and check if it helps.

    a) Copy the program.

    b) Go to Start and click on All Programs.

    c) Right click on Startup and click on Paste.

    d) Restart your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments