go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut
How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?
I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.
I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.
So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2012-05-03T12:06:06+00:00 The uninstaller worked just fine for me.
Took less than 6 minutes.
Going to reinstall now. Will let you know if it installs correctly.
It might have needed to be completely uninstalled, have upgraded since version 2.
-
Anonymous
2012-05-03T11:52:34+00:00 Holding the F8 key down is as likely to bring up a Keyboard Failure as bring up the menu - it needs to be tapped, not screwed to the floor :)
If Norton is using the Windows Installer, it's the only AV manufacturer to do so - and the service doesn't run in Safe Mode anyhow.
Yeeesht!
-
Anonymous
2012-05-03T11:36:14+00:00 [quote=Norton Chat] Renjith: Amber, it seems the Windows installer is corrupt in your computer. So you may try it in Safe Mode or you can try it from add/ remove programs in Safe Mode.
Renjith: To get into the Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.[End quote]
-
Anonymous
2012-05-03T11:15:42+00:00 What was I (and others) telling you about Norton?