go to C:/ the search start menu, then wait for a folder Icon to pop up, while waiting make and/or copy a shortcut of the program and then when you see the start menu folder open it then programs (a folder in it) then start-up, paste the short-cut
How do I add a program to "startup menu" (MSCONFIG)?
I went to "MSCONFIG" and a program that needs to be there to operate properly, is not there. I don't see a way to add a program.
I went to services.msc. And the program is listed as STARTED and under startup item, it says AUTOMATIC.
So how do I get it into "MSCONFIG" on the startup menu ??
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2012-04-23T09:47:37+00:00 Norton installs itself there on installation. If it isnt there it probably should be re-installed.
I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.
Norton wanted me to reinstall Windows 7. Crazy!!
-
Anonymous
2012-04-22T20:45:15+00:00 Norton installs itself there on installation. If it isnt there it probably should be re-installed.
-
Anonymous
2012-04-22T20:25:26+00:00 I tried Norton first. They wanted me to re-install Windows 7 !! I wouldn't let them, of course.
Norton is in the startup folder, just not in the startup menu.
When I had Vista- I was able to "add a program to startup", by clicking on a button, and then finding the program on my computer.
Norton IS in the "startup menu" in MSCONFIG, on my other household computer with Windows 7, and it runs perfectly.
When I say 'startup menu', I'm referring to the area where I can uncheck an item and not have it run at startup.
-
Anonymous
2012-04-21T13:44:18+00:00 cnet is no recommendation, since they advocate the use of SpeedUpMyPC type of utilities.
Theres a difference between Startup menu and Startup folder
Not all programs that auto start when you boot the PC are listed in the StartUp Folder
You stated Norton is scanning when you start the PC, if it is, its functioning correctly, according to the options you selected within Norton.
You cannot have it both ways, either its scanning and functioning or it isnt.
Anyway uninstall Norton, run disk cleanup, reboot, reinstall Norton
Do NOT attempt to manually add Norton to your start up folder
If after all this Norton fails to function correctly then its for Norton support to resolve