"Print processor does not exist" What can I do? Printer is a Brother MFC-J430w.

Anonymous
2012-02-12T09:04:59+00:00

I am trying to install a Brother MFC-J430w wireless printer on my 32 bit Dell PC. I've downloaded the driver off the Internet, but I get a prompt saying "Unable to install printer. The print processor does not exist." What should I do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-02-13T03:56:53+00:00

Can you check the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Print Processors\winprint

At that registry key, in the right window, is "Driver" of the type REG_SZ and is the "Data"  winprint.dll?

Also, check that the winprint.dll exists in the C:\Windows\System32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86 folder.

More info in the following article which is for Windows NT but, in general, should also apply to Windows 7:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/153355

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-02-13T11:58:21+00:00

Yes, you could try changing localspl.dll to winprint.dll

Create a System Restore point beforehand and restart the computer afterward.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T12:16:03+00:00

    Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T04:49:52+00:00

    Yes i tried these steps but still its not working

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-11T12:49:24+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments