i found this somewhere else and this fixed my issue
I had the same issue and I created a batch file that I run as administrator:
CMD /K SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Just upgraded to Win 8 ENT x64 from Win 7 ENT x64.
I thought, maybe I need to restart the service. Go into Services, look up print spooler and select restart.
But I get an error:
"Windows Could not start the Print Spooler Service on local computer"
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
Okay, so I go into properties and see what the dependencies are"
Image attached:
RPC is running, however, FAX isnt.
Go to Fax and start that. I get the 1068 error
Look into the dependencies there.
Image attached:
Im lost at the moment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have run sfc/scannow and found no issues.
Please advise.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
i found this somewhere else and this fixed my issue
I had the same issue and I created a batch file that I run as administrator:
CMD /K SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS
Hi,
Thank you for writing to Microsoft Communities.
I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work as expected. Please do not worry I will try my best to resolve it.
1. What exactly happens when you try to print?
2. What is the make and model of the printer?
Please go ahead and follow the methods mentioned and later update us on the status of the issue.
Method 1: Clear Printer Spooler files and enable the Spooler service.
a) Click Start, type services.msc in the search box and press Enter.
b) Double-click ”Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
c) Click Stop and click OK.
d) Click Start, type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers in the search box and press Enter. In the open window, and delete all files in this folder.
e) Now, go to “Services” again. Double click “Printer Spooler."
f) On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automaticis selected.
g) If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.
Method 2:Stop and Start the Print Spooler service at command prompt
a. Click Start, type cmd.
b. Right click on cmd and select “ Run as administrator”
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
c. Type the following commands at the command prompt:
net stop spoolernet start spoolerExit
Note: Press ENTER after each command line. Perform these recommended steps and post back if you are still experiencing the issue.
Perform these recommended steps and post back if you are still experiencing the issue.
Got the same in two new PC:s both running Windows 8 Pro. When trying to start the Print Spooler service with whatever method I get the
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
No printers have been yet added to these PCs.
Same problem, solved with the batch file.
Thank you!
Thank You , timoconnell !!!
This saved me from more hours of pain.
j