Error number: 0x80244019 in Windows XP Home SP2

Anonymous
2012-09-22T08:27:10+00:00

I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-22T12:10:08+00:00

Hi,

Install SP3 by downloading and running from...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

You can ignore the text that says that it is for network installations and also ignore the text advising Windows/Microsoft Update if only updating one PC.

Whether this will solve the 0x80244019 error is not certain. I know it will solve other errors but I have no specific knowledge of whether it will solve this error so please would you be kind enough to report back to us about this?

Tricky

EDIT: Many people are now reporting that SP3 does solve Windows Update error 0x80244019

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-09-30T19:21:04+00:00

    Hi,

    In future, it might be better to start your own thread rather than tack on to the end of someone else's. However, the problem you are describing is typically associated with a corrupt download.

    I would first suggest that you try downloading again.

    If that fails, try with an alternate browser, e.g. if your problem occurred with a download through Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Chrome.

    As a final alternative I would suggest trying the download at a different PC and saving to, for example, a USB memory stick. Then run that download on the PC that you wish to upgrade.

    If all the above fails, then I would suggest starting a new thread stating what you are trying to do, what methods you have used to try to do it and finally what problems you encountered.

    Tricky

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-06T02:20:24+00:00

    I tried this and it tells me the download is not for 32bit systems - can you please provide a download that is, since I cannot access the windows update site?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-06T02:21:14+00:00

    I have the same problem not a valid Win32 Application

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-11-06T09:43:47+00:00

    The download I have given is for 32 bit systems, i.e.

    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

    follow the advice given to DontTaseMeBro regarding downloading with an alternate browser or alternate PC.

    Tricky

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments