Error number: 0x80244019 in Windows XP Home SP2

Anonymous
2012-09-22T08:27:10+00:00

I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-22T12:10:08+00:00

Hi,

Install SP3 by downloading and running from...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

You can ignore the text that says that it is for network installations and also ignore the text advising Windows/Microsoft Update if only updating one PC.

Whether this will solve the 0x80244019 error is not certain. I know it will solve other errors but I have no specific knowledge of whether it will solve this error so please would you be kind enough to report back to us about this?

Tricky

EDIT: Many people are now reporting that SP3 does solve Windows Update error 0x80244019

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-24T11:44:43+00:00

    I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

    I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

    I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

    Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

    Yes, can you Install Service Pack 3, so i can update also my windows xp homey 

    Why is it my 2 License WINDOWS XP Professional and 1 License Windows XP Home cannot be update with their corresponding Computer unit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-15T15:52:11+00:00

    This was fix for me ... I couldn't get the SP3 update without access to Windows Update.  I was in a catch-22 here.  Regedit was 200, flipped it to 300 and rebooted, then Windows update smartened up.

    Thanks kopite4ever !!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-02T05:39:06+00:00

    I was also having problems getting my winows update to work for me after I installed IE8. But, after trying several different options and suggestions, this is the one that did the trick. Thx.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more