Error number: 0x80244019 in Windows XP Home SP2

Anonymous
2012-09-22T08:27:10+00:00

I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-22T12:10:08+00:00

Hi,

Install SP3 by downloading and running from...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

You can ignore the text that says that it is for network installations and also ignore the text advising Windows/Microsoft Update if only updating one PC.

Whether this will solve the 0x80244019 error is not certain. I know it will solve other errors but I have no specific knowledge of whether it will solve this error so please would you be kind enough to report back to us about this?

Tricky

EDIT: Many people are now reporting that SP3 does solve Windows Update error 0x80244019

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-14T01:35:22+00:00

    100%  worked a charm.. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-27T04:38:28+00:00

    Install  KB949104   Windows Update Agent

     

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkID%3D91237&ei=iwfPUJeGHaTq0QHQ1oCwCg&usg=AFQjCNHFQPc65BU9Q15OcUkcNud2IgTZiQ&sig2=6bOf4jy2Halj3X4UiMcaew&bvm=bv.1355325884,d.dmQ

     

    Free ,,,,,,,,,, directly from Microsoft

    Less than 6 minutes , you'll start downloading all the updates

    And don't forget to click  " Found this helpful "

    I tried this and it worked great!

    Thank you for the info

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-18T18:16:38+00:00

    If you are already at SP3 then by all means try other suggestions that might appear in this thread. If you are not at SP3, you really should be, so SP3 is your best first course of action.

    Tricky

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-17T12:01:29+00:00

    Install  KB949104   Windows Update Agent

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkID%3D91237&ei=iwfPUJeGHaTq0QHQ1oCwCg&usg=AFQjCNHFQPc65BU9Q15OcUkcNud2IgTZiQ&sig2=6bOf4jy2Halj3X4UiMcaew&bvm=bv.1355325884,d.dmQ

    Free ,,,,,,,,,, directly from Microsoft

    Less than 6 minutes , you'll start downloading all the updates

    And don't forget to click  " Found this helpful "

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments