Error number: 0x80244019 in Windows XP Home SP2

Anonymous
2012-09-22T08:27:10+00:00

I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-22T12:10:08+00:00

Hi,

Install SP3 by downloading and running from...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

You can ignore the text that says that it is for network installations and also ignore the text advising Windows/Microsoft Update if only updating one PC.

Whether this will solve the 0x80244019 error is not certain. I know it will solve other errors but I have no specific knowledge of whether it will solve this error so please would you be kind enough to report back to us about this?

Tricky

EDIT: Many people are now reporting that SP3 does solve Windows Update error 0x80244019

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-30T07:00:14+00:00

    A big me too.

    Very simple

    I was trying to access this site from the computer experiencing the trouble and I couldn't see the messages. Didn't realise I had to view from another computer.

    Wasted hours on this simple issue.

    Thanks alot

    Buncs

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-04T22:44:31+00:00

    Thanks, the SP3 update did it. While the **** is it SO hard for MS to correct this - I had someone in a forum tell me x and y, but still didn't solve the problem that the ONLY path to update the software was purposefully made to NOT work with that OS. Duh. Thanks for posting this Tricky. Oh, and to the haters - at least I can depend on XP to know what it will and won't do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-23T19:45:45+00:00

    You must download the latest security agent and install. This will fix the update problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-30T18:12:36+00:00

    thank you, this worked a treat

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments