Error number: 0x80244019 in Windows XP Home SP2

Anonymous
2012-09-22T08:27:10+00:00

I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-22T12:10:08+00:00

Hi,

Install SP3 by downloading and running from...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

You can ignore the text that says that it is for network installations and also ignore the text advising Windows/Microsoft Update if only updating one PC.

Whether this will solve the 0x80244019 error is not certain. I know it will solve other errors but I have no specific knowledge of whether it will solve this error so please would you be kind enough to report back to us about this?

Tricky

EDIT: Many people are now reporting that SP3 does solve Windows Update error 0x80244019

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-13T10:15:36+00:00

    Try downloading with a different browser (e.g. Firefox, chrome etc.) and/or at a different PC. If at a different PC save to a USB stick and run from there on the afflicted PC.

    Tricky

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-13T01:04:14+00:00

    i have the same error but when i try download it it say file is corrupt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-09T14:05:06+00:00

    I found you answer spot on !   downloaded file to "c" drive (Main Drive) then used You instructions and rebooted computer.

    Thanks for You Solution   Iain1701

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments