Error number: 0x80244019 in Windows XP Home SP2

Anonymous
2012-09-22T08:27:10+00:00

I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-22T12:10:08+00:00

Hi,

Install SP3 by downloading and running from...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

You can ignore the text that says that it is for network installations and also ignore the text advising Windows/Microsoft Update if only updating one PC.

Whether this will solve the 0x80244019 error is not certain. I know it will solve other errors but I have no specific knowledge of whether it will solve this error so please would you be kind enough to report back to us about this?

Tricky

EDIT: Many people are now reporting that SP3 does solve Windows Update error 0x80244019

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-07T03:29:59+00:00

    there is an iso  sp3  file that can be saved then burned to cd/dvd then installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-06T14:32:10+00:00

    I had trouble downloading and installing upgrade to sp3 for xp with many of the problems listed above. I tried the following, whether it will work on other o/s I don't know but it's worth a try. Don't worry it may sound complicated but it's very easy:

    Click start/run and type in "regedit" (without the quotes) click ok.

    When new window opens click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in left hand pane and open drop down menu.

    Click on SYSTEM and open drop down menu.

    Click on CURRENT CONTROL SET and open drop down menu.

    Click on CONTROL and open drop down menu.

    Scroll down to WINDOWS and click on it.

    Now go to the right hand pane and look for CSDVersion. Double click and a new Registry Editor panel should appear "Edit EDWORD Value". In the Value Data box you need to change the value depending on which service pack you want to install, ie 200 for sp2 or 300 for sp3.

    You will now need to restart your computer for any changes to take effect. Once you have rebooted go to control panel and click on System. Click on the General tab and it will show you if you have been successful, ie if you are upgrading from sp2 to sp3 it should now show Service Pack 3 under System.

    Best of Luck. I hope it works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-06T09:43:47+00:00

    The download I have given is for 32 bit systems, i.e.

    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

    follow the advice given to DontTaseMeBro regarding downloading with an alternate browser or alternate PC.

    Tricky

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-11-06T02:21:14+00:00

    I have the same problem not a valid Win32 Application

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments