Error number: 0x80244019 in Windows XP Home SP2

Anonymous
2012-09-22T08:27:10+00:00

I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-22T12:10:08+00:00

Hi,

Install SP3 by downloading and running from...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

You can ignore the text that says that it is for network installations and also ignore the text advising Windows/Microsoft Update if only updating one PC.

Whether this will solve the 0x80244019 error is not certain. I know it will solve other errors but I have no specific knowledge of whether it will solve this error so please would you be kind enough to report back to us about this?

Tricky

EDIT: Many people are now reporting that SP3 does solve Windows Update error 0x80244019

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-24T11:41:51+00:00

    I just clean installed Win XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400.

    I am trying to install windows updates but I get Error number: 0x80244019.

    I am able to browse the web through internet explorer on this computer. Connection is fine.

    Please suggest how I can access windows updates? I would like to install Service Pack 3.

    Yes, can you Install Service Pack 3, so i can update also my windows xp home

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-23T12:44:40+00:00

    Assuming that you are still at SP2 (because that is what the original question was about), unless you have a good reason not to, you should install SP3 anyway, which would also solve the problem.

    If you are already at SP3, I doubt the relevance of your input to this thread.

    Tricky

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-23T11:13:53+00:00

    I solved the problem by adding the microsoft update url to the trusted sites list in explorer.

    A warning then appeared that wanted me to confirm visit to a trusted site when I retried the update page. After confirming the updates started to work normally.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-17T21:08:17+00:00

    I am glad to have been of assistance.

    Tricky

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments