How to move User folders to 2nd drive in Windows 8?

Anonymous
2012-11-12T16:38:04+00:00

I am posting on behalf of a customer.

His C drive's a SSD & which is not big enough for all his music,photos,video and download files. Is there a way to move user files to a second drive?

Please comment with any information or suggestions.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-12T17:28:54+00:00

    I have had to reinstall windows 8.1 and I just have a couple things in the folders.

    I can change the location ETC from the default drive C to drive D but for some reason I am getting the program files as well in "Documents" "Pictures" "Videos" "Music" ETC instead of having the Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music ETC.

    I am in two minds weather to just click on apply and go for it.

    This is the message I am getting but I don't have the bottle at the moment to click on apply so I just click on cancel until I get an answer lol.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-28T23:27:49+00:00

    The entire user profile/directory can be moved using this method - http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/4275-user-profiles-relocate-another-partition-disk.html

    WHY WHY WHY

    DOESN'T MICROSOFT JUST FIX THE F-ING OS TO ALLOW FOR THE FUTURE!!!!  5 YEARS AGO.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-28T23:29:14+00:00

    ANYBOBY ELSE NOTICE THAT NOONE THINKS THEY FOUND THE MS ANSWERS HELPFUL

    WHY DO THEY TRACK THEIR FAILURES!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-28T23:42:16+00:00

    HiYa Daren,

    I have sorted the problem out I was having with no fancy words or things like that lol

    All I wanted to do was put my photo's, video's, documents ETC in to drive D instead of drive C.

    I just managed by right clicking on the particular folder and clicking the option that says "do you want to move all of the folders" I clicked on yes and ever since then my photo's ETC get redirected to drive D

    So there you go

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments