How to move User folders to 2nd drive in Windows 8?

Anonymous
2012-11-12T16:38:04+00:00

I am posting on behalf of a customer.

His C drive's a SSD & which is not big enough for all his music,photos,video and download files. Is there a way to move user files to a second drive?

Please comment with any information or suggestions.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-13T20:03:26+00:00

    I used this REG file to update script and it worked, great:

    ChangeUserProfileLocation.reg

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList]

    "ProfilesDirectory"=hex(2):44,00,3a,00,5c,00,55,00,73,00,75,00,61,00,72,00,69,\

      00,6f,00,73,00,00,00

    In REGEDIT it actually looks like a kes: ProfilesDirectory = D:\Usuarios

    (I'm in Latin America so we use Spanish) :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-13T15:03:23+00:00

    Will that tutorial show how to save an email to document folder from Windows Mail for windows 8.1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T15:02:31+00:00

    Hi Derek,

    thanks for the reply.

    I did not move the whole "users" but only the folders in it.

    And yes I moved the "Downloads" as well, but as stated above, when downloading something, a new Downloads folder on the C:\ drive under user is created and files are downloaded there and not into the moved "downloads" folder on the D:\ drive.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-20T23:02:03+00:00

    Got it figured out reading all the above comments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments